So Glad you stopped by!

Hello and welcome to Maves Faves. Boy it's great to have a place to record my favorite things. My hope is that you find at least one thing that is helpful to you while you're here visiting. If this is your first visit please sign up at "Follow me here" and if you have a blog tell me in the comment section and I will return the favor. Happy Blogging :)

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Household Cleaning Tips

1.  Rubbing alcohol on a cloth makes chrome sparkle
2.  Cook a cup of water with 2Tbsp of lemon juice in the microwave for 3-5 minutes. Cuts way down on scrubbing time.
3.  1 cup of white vinegar in a gallon of hot water makes those vinyl floors shine. Vinegar is also a great grease cutter.
4.  A mixture of 50/50 bleach and water placed in a spray bottle works great on mold that builds up on tile in the bathroom. Just scrub those stubborn places with a toothbrush.
5.  Some newspaper along with glass cleaner  does a great job on cleaning windows, no streaks.

2 comments:

  1. Great tips!! I love to share my favorite tip. To remove crayon or pencil from walls without removing the paint, pour about 1/4 c. of baking soda into a small bowl and add enough hot water to make a thick paste. Using a thin white kitchen towel, rub a good amount of the paste over the crayon/pencil in small, circular motions. (It will crumble onto the floor, but you can vacuum it with ease.) Rinse a wash cloth in warm water and rinse the area to remove the excess paste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab Find Foodie thanks so much for the cleaning tip I'm sure it will become one of my faves :)

    ReplyDelete