- Apply a thin coat of olive oil on a base of a candle holder to keep wax from sticking.
- Sprinkle baking soda on a damp cloth and rub to remove crayon marks, scuffs, and pencil marks.
- Try a baby wipe on carpet stains. They work wonders.
- Lipstick stain? Try using petroleum jelly to remove it. Or try using a little vegetable shortening, then launder as usual.
- To strengthen a pair of pantyhose, spray with hairspray when you first put them on.
- To have a zipper slide up and down with ease rub a bar of soap on the teeth.
- Use a lollipop as a tongue depressor when checking a child's sore throat.
- To make swallowing children's pills easier, put medicine in a spoonful of applesauce.
- Put a piece of colored tape on sliding doors at child's level to keep them from running into it.