So Glad you stopped by!

Hello and welcome to Maves Faves. Boy it's great to have a place to record my favorite things. My hope is that you find at least one thing that is helpful to you while you're here visiting. If this is your first visit please sign up at "Follow me here" and if you have a blog tell me in the comment section and I will return the favor. Happy Blogging :)

Friday, August 19, 2011

Running the Race

Have you ever thought about comparing your life to running a race? There are some similarities that can't be overlooked. We must crawl before we walk and walk before we can run. Whether I like to admit it or not there is a certain amount of competitiveness in me.  I like having a purpose, a goal to aim for, pushing myself just to the limit physically and spiritually. Running a race and crossing the finish line comes from training discipline and persistence. So does life. Living and being the best we can takes training, when I get up in the morning I should say thank you Jesus for this day, I need to discipline myself that even when I don't "feel" like it I do it anyway. I can go without it but  when I take time to exercise my spiritual and physical  body my attitude is better and I feel better. Persistence knows that doing even when I don't see quick results does pay off in the end. I do see results from prayer and  from exercise. Running the race of life from start to finish, God's way also requires training, discipline, and persistence. Including God in all decisions of my life, disciplining myself by doing it Gods way instead of my own, being persistent with my prayer life even when I don't see results, all get me to the finish line of life feeling as though I've gone the right way and I have run this life race the best that I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment